Some Things I Won’t Miss About Having Little Children:
10. Waking up with a sore back because one or more little children snuck in our bed, sleeping horizontally with their little toes pushing into my spine.
9. The anxiety I feel if I go to the bathroom alone for a minute, not knowing what will await me when I come out.
8. Having to participate in every. single. game. outside, never getting the chance to sit on the porch glider and just relax.
7. The limited freedom to have a spontaneous Friday night date-night or attend a late-night outing, the availability of a babysitter or getting the kids in bed by a reasonable time always a prerequisite.
But I Will Miss:
5. Waking up with a sore back because one or more little children snuck in our bed, wanting the security of Daddy and Mommy and another chance to snuggle.
4. The opportunity to guide my children’s impulses, teaching them right from wrong, while the consequences are small. One day they will be grown-up, no longer needing input from Mommy and Daddy, in a world where they won’t always get a second chance.
3. Being asked to participate in my children’s games outside, having been replaced by the neighborhood kids, or one day by boyfriends and girlfriends.
2. The security of having little kids tucked away in bed, replaced, instead, with Friday nights full of worry waiting up for teenagers to make curfew.
1. Hmm…I can’t do it…I won’t miss temper-tantrums.
Linking up with Amanda today for her Top Ten Tuesday at ohamada.com. What would you add to the list?