I know I have written about different sleep issues before, but I feel a pressing need to compile a list of rules regarding sleep in one post. Here goes:
10. Dear child, if your bedtime is 7:30, you should not be awake at 11:30, especially when your mother’s bedtime is 10.
9. Children, your beds are for you. Daddy and Mommy’s bed is for us (as in the two of us). Barring a nightmare or sickness, please stay out of our bed. If one of the three of you feel the need to break this rule, please, please, please, no one else join that sibling.
8. Sweet child, if you feel the need to break the previous rule, please do not drink the glass of water on my nightstand. I was very disappointed when I awoke thirsty and found my drink stolen.
7. Big boy, if you decide to get in our bed, please do not step on my head.
6. My precious children, please learn to sleep in the vertical position. By the vertical position, I mean that you need to sleep with your head on a pillow. That pillow needs to remain at the head of the bed. The top part. The part against the wall. Near the windows in our room. Your feet should not touch me. At all. Ever. Your legs should not cross over my body in any way. Your body should make a straight or slightly curvy line so that your feet are in the direction of the foot of the bed. If you remain in your own bed, I do not care if you sleep sideways or upside down like you did last night .
5. My dear children, the previous rule is very important if two or more of you are in our bed. However, if you break that rule, please refrain from pushing off of my back with the balls of your feet. This rule also applies to my hip bone or any other part of my body.
4. Baby girl, stop snoring.
3. Kiddos, leave the covers alone!
2. Precious ones, please refrain from grinding your teeth. The Bible says that in hell people gnash their teeth, so when I hear whatever sound you’re making coupled with the agony that my body feels because of the strange positions in which you sleep, I start to get a little freaked out.
1. And finally, dear husband, do not hit snooze more than twice. After that point, I might throw your alarm out the window. (I know that point didn’t apply to this morning, but I thought it worth mentioning)
Linking up to Oh Amanda’s Top Ten Tuesday today. I hope to write a more thoughtful post about Christmas tomorrow. That is, if I get some sleep.