10. I’ll never understand why some girls show up in high heels and tight, little dresses, while sitting on hard bleachers, packed in like sardines to watch men knock the snot out of each other under the blazing hot sun. I’m pretty sure I sweated off the minimal amount of make-up I was wearing, so I can’t imagine actually taking the time to look beautiful. It’s a football game! Then again, I was never popular in school or know anything about fashion now.
9. I don’t understand why some insist on screaming at the referee after every bad call. If you’re sitting near where I’m sitting, I’m pretty sure he can’t hear you.
8. I just don’t understand why some get offended so easily and end up in fights with fans from the other team. I mean, did I miss something? Were you in the last play?
7. I do not understand tailgating, anymore. If you’re heading to the football game, why do you need to haul and set up a gigantic TV and dish before hand? It seems to me like an unnecessary amount of work and planning….
6. I do not understand how it is possible for someone to show minimal emotion during significant events in his life, yet be brought to absolute fury, elation, or tears during a football game. Read this short story for more on this topic.
5. I do not understand why grown adults will drink enough during the game to forget what happened tomorrow. Tickets are expensive–getting wasted doesn’t make economic sense.
4. I’ll never understand why everyone holds up four fingers at the start of the fourth quarter. Did you think I lost count? There is a giant scoreboard that can help me out if I did….
3. I know I’ll never understand how the BCS polls determine the top teams. I think I’d need a master’s degree first.
2. I’ve yet to understand why our fans always insist that the other teams’ fans are so obnoxious. At every game I can spot someone with a giant bulldog painted on his head, and our fans bark.
1. I’ll never understand how I can be surrounded by so many things that make me cringe yet look forward to going to Georgia football games so much!
I’ve linked this post over at ohamanda’s today. Click on the link below to read more fun top ten lists!